We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
Once they have been put together you can either fry them or steam them; both ways are delicious.
71 people made this
- 1 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 (300g) packet beansprouts
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 400g (14 oz) prawns - peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) lean minced beef
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet wonton skins (wrappers)
- 250ml (8 fl oz) vegetable oil
MethodPrep:35min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:1hr
- Place cabbage, beansprouts, celery and spring onions in a large wok and stir-fry over high heat until vegetables cook down (add a little water if necessary). Mix in prawns, stir fry until cooked.
- In a large frying pan, brown the mince. Drain off fat and add the meat to the vegetable and prawn mixture. Continue to fry over a high heat; add oyster sauce, soy sauce and garlic. When well blended, remove mixture from heat.
- Place a tablespoon of the meat and prawn mixture (or more, depending on how large your wonton wrappers are) into the centre of each wonton skin. Fold the wonton skin over to make a package of the meat mixture inside, and seal the skin closed by dipping your finger in a little water and pressing the ends together.
- Fry the wontons in vegetable oil until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(69)
Reviews in English (61)
Something else.it was delicous but it was even more tasty with some asparagus thrown in.-29 Sep 2009
Used different ingredients.I thought this was good, but I added a little flavour to it by adding some freshly grated root ginger. I also used minced pork instead of beef. Wrapping can be tough until you get the hang of it, but the taste is worth it.-21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients.Very good base recipe. I did use pork instead of beef. I also added just a small amount of fresh grated ginger. Really great flavour. I will make these again for sure. My partner loved them.-21 Jul 2008